Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Elder Legas

I wanted to upload more photos today, but I keep getting an error that the upload failed: server rejected. Not sure what that means, but I'm trying to get it resolved! 

In the meantime, the written word will have to suffice for now!  Hopefully, I can get it fixed soon! 

When this issue gets fixed, I will post the photos of Elder Legas leaving for home yesterday. 

Elder Legas has been an extremely valiant missionary. He is the type that you want to clone! A couple of weeks ago he called and said he had a lump on his neck. He said it had been there for several months. Because he was in Lesotho where medical care is not sufficient, I sent him to the doctor in Bloemfontein. It just so happened that President and I were in Bloem for Zone Conference, which allowed me to go with him to get several tests done at the hospital. Afterward, it was recommended a biopsy or surgery be performed.

We decided to take him to Durban with us, in case surgery was needed. Surgery was performed a couple of days days later, and most of the tumor was removed and tested. 

Two days after surgery, we had just arrived at Hillcrest Zone Conference when the doctor's office called us back. I went with Elder Legas to the office and received the answer. He was diagnosed with a rare type of thyroid cancer. Needless to say, we were shocked. After consulting with doctors and his family, it was decided that Elder Legas return home to Utah for further treatment. He only had a few months left on mission, therefore will be released as having served a full-time and honorable mission.

We hope and pray that he will get the needed treatment and will soon be restored to good health very soon. Please remember him in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment