Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hillcrest Zone Conference


Hillcrest Zone Conference!

 Elder Harbertson and Dos Santos are the Zone Leaders of this conference!

 Elder Guymon

 Elders Walker and Burlaka

 Elder Jewkes gave some great comments 

 Elder Mulabe is powerful

 Elders Brown and Leckie

 Elder Flake

 Elder Mshweshwe leads Elders Legas and Parisot

 Most recent district missionary returned home a few minutes ago, Elder Myeza

 Our wonderful office couple the Petersens

 Elder Legas received the disheartening news just before this conference - he has thyroid cancer and will be returning home for treatment

 Elder Brown

 Elder Sibanda

 Elder Dos Santos is power! We will miss him! This was his last Zone Conference on mission.

 Sister Jenson - we are so blessed to have her. She is our only single senior missionary!
She has served in South Africa years ago with her husband and has returned to this great place!

 Sister Jenson helped with getting emergency plans for each boarding! She is handing them out.

 Elder Dooley holding up the emergency plan checklist

 Elder Dos Santos receiving his Advanced English certificate. The missionaries that have English as a second language can study from materials provided and take an English test noting that they are advanced in English. This can help them in getting jobs in their own country in the future!

 Elders Deen and Guymon

 Role plays are my favorite!



 President going over some fabulous statistics of the mission!


 Elder Dos Santos bears his last testimony on mission.

 Elder Legas bears his witness to the gospel

 Elder Bodnar

After Zone Conference poses!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers to Elder Legas. That is Elder Jewkes in the blue tie, not Elder Walker. :) Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that is Elder Jewkes...I'm not sure why I said it was Elder Walker! I totally know who each of them are!!! I changed it! The only excuse I can think is that I wasn't thinking clearly since we had just come from the doctors office with shocking news of Elder Legas. I'm glad you brought that to my attention. Elder Jewkes did give amazing insight that day - in fact, I mentioned it just yesterday to President Thompson, how insightful Elder Jewkes comments were at the conference! I've been guilty of calling my own kids by the wrong name, too! Ugh! I noticed another name was wrong on a photo of that same conference and I changed that as well! I know all our missionaries and their names, so when I see those mistakes, I simply have to roll my eyes!!! Thanks again for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for these wonderful pictures. I love the bottom of their shoes one at the end. My Elder Parisot has grown so much these past 14 months. Thank you for being such a wonderful Mission mom.

    ReplyDelete