Friday, March 23, 2018

A Visit to a Lesotho School and Weavers


My daughter and I brought suckers to hand out to the kids at this school. We made the mistake of not having them line up first. We were both mobbed, and nearly trampled, as we tried to hand them out! Luckily, no one was hurt!

Despite our mistake, we loved visiting the school just as it was getting ready to dismiss for the day!



 My grandchildren were swarmed by kids wanting to touch their hair and ask them questions!

 The people of Lesotho, whether young or old, are very loving!

 President teaches the children the song "I Am a Child of God" and "Popcorn Popping"

 The children wanted to ask my grandson a lot of questions!

 Teaching the kids songs with President, my grandsons, and daughter.


 My son-in-law taking pictures of the children singing!



 The school children were intrigued by my grandson's hair!


 Fist bumps!


 We went inside a classroom!

 The teacher of one of the classes teaching my grandson's words in Sesotho!

 I am especially surprised that the children and the teachers did not know of the United States, or any of the states like California or New York!


The weavers

These women spin yarn, dye the yarn, and make beautiful tapestries with it!

 We stopped by the weavers - their building is literally made out of soda pop cans! (see a previous blog from last year)
These women sing for us, and then the boys shared a couple of songs for them!

Singing "I Am a Child of God"

We felt blessed to have my daughter and her family here to visit!
They got to teach with the missionaries and had amazing experiences, as well as attend a Zone Conference, a baptism, and attend church at Umbhadula Branch and Ilovo Branch!

Their visit went by too fast - but we will treasure the time we spent together in South Africa and a day in Lesotho!

No comments:

Post a Comment