Tuesday, January 8, 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The holiday season usually lasts December through the middle of January and is typically a little slower for most things in South Africa! However, I feel as if it is busier than ever! 

I received the daunting news two weeks ago that my mother has stage four colon cancer. Therefore, I've spent considerable time on my knees and tried to help in what I can from such a long distance. 

I want to thank so many of our missionaries and their families for reaching out and offering prayers in behalf of my mom! 

My mom is 89 years old, still drives, still works 3 days a week as an accountant, takes care of my father who has dementia, and is simply a remarkable lady! She has always been my rock and best friend! 

In just the past couple of weeks, we have seen miracle after miracle in regards to my mom - I'm convinced more than ever that the Lord is guiding, directing, and blessing us! Most of all I know that he loves all of us, and is mindful of us!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this news. I pray the both of you feel His peace and comfort as you work through this trial. Know that I appreciate your sacrifice away from your parents at this time. Thank you for loving our boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Thompson, you and your family are in our prayers. Thank you for your sacrifice and being mom to our boys while we can't. May the Lord bless and keep you and your mom. All our love!

    ReplyDelete